Are you aware of how you come across to people at work? Do you know what people say about you when you’re not in the room? Ideally, what people say would closely align with how you believe you’re showing up. If it does, then you are probably pretty self-aware. If it doesn’t – or if you’re not sure – now is a good time to take a closer look.
Week 2 Learning Objectives
At the end of this week’s lesson, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the single biggest blind spot that holds people back at work?
- How can I recognize the most common blind spots?
- Why do so many of us do crazy stuff like this, anyway?
- Do You Know How You Show Up?
- Our Biggest Blind Spot: Hiding
- Hiding by Taking on Character Types
- Hiding by Stalling
- Hiding by Avoiding
- How Fear Drives Us into Hiding
- The Challenger
- One Leader’s Strategy for Managing Blind Spots
- The Essentials
- Learning Lab — Experiments
- Optional Further Reading, References, and Notices