WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
• Information You Voluntarily Submit: We collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we will ask you to create a user profile to access membership or course content, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
• Information We Receive from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us that allows us to fulfill any orders you make. Another example is if your employer has enrolled you in one of our learning experiences, they may share your name, contact, and employment information with us for purposes of allowing us to deliver the training.
• Cookies: We use session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, to provide you with a more personalized experience. If you are taking an online course with us, we store your course progress to allow you to track where you left off in your previous session.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support for any offering you have enrolled in;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third service providers that service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Mailchimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Calendly – this service is used to schedule appointments and may collect your contact information (name and email) to contact you about your appointment.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our
mailing list. If you opt-out while enrolled in a course, this will effect your ability to receive course-related communication from us.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Last updated: May 2018