Optional Further Study
Difficult Conversations, by Douglas Stone
- Handbook of Process Moves to Improve Your Meetings
- The following linked document is extensively quoted and slightly adapted from Claudyne Wilder’s useful post: “12 Most Ingenious Ways to Respond to an ‘Unusual’ Idea”.
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice, by Shunryu Suzuki
Systems Theory, Open-ended questions, Balancing Advocacy & Inquiry:
- Humble Inquiry: The Gentle Art of Asking Instead of Telling, by Edgar H. Schein
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization, by Peter M. Senge
Conflict and the Learning Organization: The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization, by Peter M. Senge
Copyright 2017 The Essential Group, LLC | All Rights Reserved.
At The Essential Group, we don’t ask you to buy into a lot of hooey. We teach and believe that doing the work we’re talking about here will lead to good things for you in your personal life and in your professional life. At the same time, we are legally required to remind you that we don’t guarantee results or specific outcomes to you as a result of taking this course. Will you get the same results as someone else who has taken this course and gone crazy-genius and totally hit it out of the park? We have no idea. We don’t even know you and so much of that depends on you, your decisions, your actions, and how committed you are to doing the work.