The Challengers’ Circle Online (CCO) is a curated selection of concepts, techniques, and frameworks I have tested on clients, colleagues, and myself. When applied, these tools build capacity to create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success. In short, the CCO is a proven system for achieving leadership excellence. And remember – even the best can get better – I’m confident there is something here for you.
Let’s consider what we mean by “leadership.” Leadership is something different from a job title or where your name shows up on the org chart. It is more expansive than that; leadership includes:
- An orientation that shapes what gets your focus, no matter what’s going on around you
- A manner of moving through the world, no matter that external factors are outside of your control
- A belief in your ability to influence your context and create the outcomes you want, no matter who is in the room
If developing yourself in these areas sounds appealing to you, you are in the right place. Over the next several weeks, you will receive a set of practices that will help you build on the excellence you have already demonstrated and step into a more expansive and sustainable manner of leading. These are the steps we’ll take to get there:
Week 1. Hello There, Challenger!
Week 2. Self-Awareness: How Are You Showing Up?
Week 3. Facts versus Beliefs: Short-Circuiting Reality
Phase II – Game-Changing Moves
Week 4. Executive Presence: Bringing It
Week 5. Taking Responsibility: Are You A Whiner?
Week 6. Creating Success With Others
Phase III – Mastery: The Real Deal
Week 7. Conflict: Challenging Without Losing Your Cool
Week 8. Vision: A Pathway to Composure
Phase IV – Completion
Week 9. Completion and Carrying Your Learning Forward
Let’s hear a few words from CELA leader, Shelley McKinley, as she welcomes you to the CCO!
Essentials from Shelley
- The CCO is a program that helps us develop fluency in our leadership principles. It touches on how we approach our work, our career, and our personal and professional development. It also explores our emerging CELA culture in a deep and personal way.
- Don’t miss out on the peer group work (the group discovery sessions) – this aspect of the program allows you to benefit from the experiences of others and accelerate your learning.
- Withhold your judgment, engage with the content deeply, and take advantage of the learning.
- Make time for your development by making time for your engagement with this program. Take yourself seriously.
- This learning will help CELA in its journey to become a more innovative, open, and agile organization that isn’t afraid to take risks. Enjoy!